Pre-Feasibility Study For two Economic Zones In Bangladesh. ( Narayanganj & Teknaf)
- Country: Bangladesh
- Client: BEZA
- Funding Source: World Bank
- Duration: 6 Months
- Status: Completed
The site of the proposed Narayanganj EZ is located at the heart of Bangladesh close to and in the east-south-east of the national capital city Dhaka and the capital of the Narayanganj district, the city of Narayanganj. It is part of Narayanganj district’s south-south-eastern boundary. It is located in the area of Sonaragoan Upazila. The linear distance to Narayanganj measures approximately 6.1 km and 29.0 km to Dhaka. Chittagong and its international seaport are located towards the east-south-east of the proposed Narayanganj EZ at a distance of approximately 190 km as the crow flies while the port of Mongla is located towards the south-west at a direct distance of approximately 155 km.
About one half of the designated economic zone is situated on a small and sparsely populated peninsula between the Shitalakshya River and a branch of the Meghna River which also represents the Brahmaputra estuary. The other half borders directly on the peninsula’s western end and is situated at the banks of the Shitalakshya River.
- Component 1: A Competitiveness Analysis, Transport Assessment, Industry/ Market Assessment and Demand Forecast
- Component 2: Master Planning, Infrastructure Requirements, and an Environmental and Social Footprint
- Component 3: Institutional Framework
- Component 4: Economic and Financial Modelling