Construction Supervision Consultancy Services of Padma Bridge Rail Link Project.
- Country: Bangladesh
- Client: Bangladesh Railway
- Funding Source: China & GOB
- Duration: 6 Years
- Status: In Progress
The Padma Multipurpose Bridge provides four lanes for road traffic on top deck and in bottom deck a Broad gauge single Railway track for providing a direct rail route from Dhaka to Jessore, Khulna, Benapole and Mongla. With the view to connect Dhaka with South-west part of the country within shortest possible period, construction of a rail link between Dhaka and Jessore earned prime importance. The new railway route will provide a substantially shorter route by shortening the travel distance between Dhaka-Jessore, Dhaka-Khulna and Dhaka-Darsana by 184.72km, 212.05 km and 44.24 km respectively. This rail link will become a vital railway corridor in terms of national as well as regional railway traffic demand. Construction of Board Gauge (BG) rail track between Jessore and Dhaka via Padma Multipurpose Bridge Padma Bridge Rail Link starts from the existing Dhaka Station, via Gandaria Station, Mawa and Padma Main Bridge (under construction) to Bhanga Junction, and connects Bhanga Station (under construction), and from Bhanga junction station, via the existing Kashiani Junction Station, Padmabila Junction by connecting the existing Rupdia Station. The total length of the new main line is 172km approximately including Bhanga Junction to Bhanga Station and Padmabila Junction to Singia Station and double line in Dhaka-Gandaria section.
To establish a Rail Link between Dhaka to Jessore via Gandaria-Maowa-Bhanga Junetion-Narail-Jessore, a Broad Gauge Single Railway Track will be constructed. For construction of said Rail Link, the whole length has been divided into four (4) section-1: Dhaka-Gandaria, Section-2: Gandaria-Maowa, Section-3: Maowa-Bhanga Junction-Bhanga and Section-4: Bhanga Junction-Jessore. To operate trains upto Maowa from the DAY-1 over Padma Multipurpose Bridge, construction of Secton-3: Maowa-Bhanga Junction-Bhanga will get prime importance. Such completed works will connect Maowa, the eastern part of Padma Multipurpose Bridge with existing network of Bangladesh Railway thus Rail Link via Padma Multipurpose Bridge will be established with the existing part of railway network operating presently under Western Zone of Bangladesh Railway. Construction works of other three (3) sections will also be commenced at the same time to connect Jessore with the Capital City Dhaka via Padma Multipurpose Bridge.
- 1. Assist the project director for expeditious acquisition of land required for the project.
- 2. Assist in implementation of resettlement plan.
- 3. Assist in clearance of construction right of way (Crow) so that site can be handed over timely to the contractor as per site access plan;
- 4. Assist in relocation of various utilities and keep liaison with utility service providing agencies;
- 5. Assist in review of investigation, survey, detailed working design, drawing and design calculations for construction works submitted by the contractor and recommend and ultimately submit to employer’s representative for approval;
- 6. Provide technical support associated with approval of contractor submissions, proposal for design modifications as well as for overall testing and inspection of the works;
- 7. Assist in review of detailed methodology, quality assurance plan, detailed work schedule, environmental management plan, safety assurance plan etc. submitted by the contractor and recommend and ultimately submit to employer’s representative for approval;
- 8. Supervision of construction works following the conditions of EPC contract;
- 9. Assist the consultant to monitor, inspect construction works and ensure proper implementation of construction works following the work design, methodology and quality assurance plan approved by the employer’s representative;
- 10. Supervision of construction works ensuring safety of train operation following the codes, rules, regulations and manuals of BR specially in existing railway lines;
- 11. Assist in review if IPC submitted by the contractor and recommend and ultimately submitted to employer’s representative for approval and further necessary actions.
- 12. Assist the consultant to monitor and ensure proper implementation of safety assurance plan.
- 13. Assist the consultant to monitor and ensure construction work is done following detailed work schedule and if needed take necessary action to revise the detail work schedule
- 14. Assist in preparation of progress report(s)
- 15. Assist the consultant to monitor and ensure proper implementation of environment management plan including personal safety and HIV/AIDS prevention program
- 16. Provide technical support associated with approval of contractor submission, proposal for working design, design modifications, specifications as well as for manufacturer’s inspection, overall testing, installation and commissioning of signalling and telecommunication works.