Consultancy Service for Dhaka-Chittagong-Cox’s Bazar Rail Project Preparatory Facility.
- Country: Bangladesh
- Client: Bangladesh Railway
- Funding Source: ADB
- Duration: 4 Years
- Status: In Progress
Dhaka-Chittagong- Cox Bazar Rail Project Preparatory Facility involve the feasibility study, design and tendering service for
1. Conversion of Tongi-Bhariab Bazar-Akharua MG double track into DG double track by phasing in Dhaka-Chittagong Corridor.
2. Conversion of Laksam-Chinki Astana-Chittagong MG double track into DG double track by phasing in Dhaka-Chittagong Corridor.
3. Construction of new DG line and conversion of existing MG line into DG in Fouzderhat-CGPY section, remodeling of CGPY yard and rail container terminal at Chittagong port.
4. Conversion of existing Chittagong-Dohazari MG track into DG track.
5. Construction of new ICD including ancillary works and new rail link with the ICD from pubail and Dhirasram railway stations including access for private sector investments.
6. Construction of new single line DG rail link with Moheshkhali and Matarbari proposed power plants.
7. Establish carriage & wagon and loco workshop, fuelling facilities and depot for BG rolling stocks at Chittagong.
1. Feasibility study along with social and environment study:
- Collect all necessary information of existing, ongoing and future planned development works of government and private sector in & around the projects site. To review all related documents available. To examine all existing infrastructure and facilities. To consult all relevant agencies/stakeholders.
- Define alignment & layout, scope of work, technical aspect & design parameter. Define phasing of construction, resolve interfacing issues, train operation & signaling system during track conversion work and prepare Rolling stock demand analysis report.
- Carry out topographical survey, option analysis, geo-technical investigation, traffic survey &forecast, technical viability, economical & financial analysis, land market survey, social & environmental study.
-Prepare Feasibility study report which will contain main report with all technical details along with drawings, cost estimate, Resettlement Plan (RP), Land Acquisition plan(LAP), Environment Management Plan (EMP), Hydrological & Morphological report and other required documents.
2. Detailed Design:
Conduct detailed investigation, update social & environmental findings. Prepare detailed design report along with detailed design drawings, layout.
Update IRR, RP, EMP, LAP and other relevant document based on detailed design. Prepare Bid Documents with detailed specification & BOQ, detailed cost estimate as per BOQ and detailed Bid evaluation Criteria.
3. Provide tendering services for the tenders.