Consultancy Service for Detail Design & Construction Supervision of Western Bangladesh Bridge Improvement project in Bangladesh
- Country: Bangladesh
- Client: Roads & Highways Department (RHD)
- Funding Source: JICA
- Duration: 4.6 Years
- Status: In Progress
The Government of Bangladesh has received a loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (hereinafter referred to as JICA) to finance the Western Bangladesh Bridge Improvement Project which is promote reliable and efficient road transport network by replacing and constructing small and medium sized bridges mainly in Western Bangladesh, thereby contributing to socioeconomic development of the region. The project comprises of the construction of 50 concrete bridges,10 steel brides in western Bangladesh and Construction of a bridge in the Economic Zone in Narsingdi at Northeastern side of Dhaka.
- 1. Act as the Engineer to execute construction supervision and contract administration services in accordance with the power and authority to be delegated by the Employer.
- 2. Provide assistance to the employer concerning variations and claims which are to be ordered at the initiative of the employer. Advise the employer on resolution of any dispute with the contractor .
- 3. Regularly monitor physical and financial progress and take appropriate actions to expedite progress if necessary so that the time for completion set forth in the contract will be duly respected by the contractor.
- 4. Carry out filed inspections on the contractor’s setting out of the works in relation to original points lines and levels of reference specified in the contract.
- 5. Supervise the works so that all the contractual requirements are met by the contractor including those in relation to quality of the works, safety and protection of the environment. Confirm that an accident prevention officer proposed by the contractor is duly assigned at the project site.
- 6. Supervise field tests ,sampling and laboratory test to be carried out by the contractor.
- 7. Inspect the construction method, equipment to be used, workmanship at the site and attend shop inspection and manufacturing test in accordance with the specifications.